Sunday, February 9, 2014

Morning Star

I sketched this the other day and had completely forgotten about it.  This often happens to me as I have random sketch books that live in my car, backpack, and throughout the house.  I did not remember the drawing until the other morning while jogging along the river trail at 5:45 AM.  I had just rounded a corner when the brightest star I had ever seen captured my attention.  I stopped and just starred at it, frozen for an instance by the bright morning star.  At first I thought it must be an airplane as the light seemed much to bright and close to be a star, but as the seconds clicked by I realized that it was in fact stationary in the predawn sky.  It was in that moment that God reminded me of the sketch I had done a few days earlier.  I could not get the morning star out of my head and I felt as if God was trying to help me remember something important.   When I got home I did a quick search on morning star on biblegateway.com and found several scriptures that helped me to better understand the promise that God was laying on my heart.  Jesus sets the bar for letting his light shine, and it is that very promise he is asking me to remember.  He has entrusted me with his light and is asking me to let it shine in the dark places.  Where is God asking you to shine your light?

2 Peter 1:19
19 We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Revelations 22:16-17
16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”
17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

Matthew 5:15-16 

15 Neither do men light a lamp, and put it under the bushel, but on the stand; and it shineth unto all that are in the house.

16 Even so let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...