Friday, July 30, 2010

Tossed About \ Doorway is the Cross

It seems like in this world we often run into situations that seem overwhelming and at times impossible to overcome. I have recently had two friends experience such a situation. In praying for them I came across a verse that I had highlighted in my bible that has helped me many times.

Ephesians 4:14-16

Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. 15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. 16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does it work.

It is only by trusting in Jesus that we will truly be set free from those things that drag us down. For as my Pastor said on Sunday " The doorway is the Cross"
 John 17:24

Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...