Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Live Painting

Posted by Picasa


I had the opportunity to paint live for the Women of Vision Kittitas County Event a few weeks ago. I had only painted live one other time and did not feel totally at ease with the thought of painting in front of a crowd. It has been my prayer this year to say yes when I feel God prompting me, so I accepted knowing that God would use this opportunity to stretch my comfort zone.. I showed up with a blank canvas and had roughly 2 hours to come up with a semi finished piece. I spent some time prying before the event and a verse that a friend of mine had shared several weeks prior came to mind.

Psalm 126:5
Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy.

When I look at this piece I think about the Holy Spirit prompting us to step out and sow seeds over uncharted/unknown territory. I think about the promise of adventure when we choose to follow Christ, and I think about the unknown in saying yes. The experience was good, and God certainly stretched my comfort zone. What is he asking you to say Yes to this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...