Monday, June 27, 2011

Amazon

11 days in South America.... Hundreds of photos, lots of mosquito bites, a handful of new friends, and a broken heart for the people who have carved out a life in the jungles along the Amazon river. Daniel and I have shared our testimonies in three countries, and spent time with an indigenous people group called the Yagua. I am posting a photo of Esmith, the son of the Cura├ža (chief). He is six and already carries himself with confidence. His father Nelson is one of the few Christians in the village. Daniel and I were able to spend a-lot of time with his family and received a crash course in basic jungle living. I plan to post several other images upon my return. Signing out from Bogata.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...