Monday, June 27, 2011

Amazon

11 days in South America.... Hundreds of photos, lots of mosquito bites, a handful of new friends, and a broken heart for the people who have carved out a life in the jungles along the Amazon river. Daniel and I have shared our testimonies in three countries, and spent time with an indigenous people group called the Yagua. I am posting a photo of Esmith, the son of the Curaça (chief). He is six and already carries himself with confidence. His father Nelson is one of the few Christians in the village. Daniel and I were able to spend a-lot of time with his family and received a crash course in basic jungle living. I plan to post several other images upon my return. Signing out from Bogata.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...