Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Catalog



I can remember spending hours pouring over the Sears Christmas catalog as a child.  The catalog would literately fall open to specific pages due to permanent creases caused by frequent referencing.  Christmas morning would come and I would run down stairs in the hopes that my parents had somehow understood the millions of hints that I dropped.   Today I browsed a very different Christmas catalog online at World Vision.  With a-lot of help from my Wife and two boys our cart began to fill up.  We spent some time praying then each picked an item that God placed on our hearts.  It was the best Christmas shopping that we have done in a long time and I would recommend taking a look if you are in the mood for some serious heart warming gift selection.  What started as our family's advent activity for the evening has quickly become a memorable event that has helped to knit our hearts closer to the God we serve.  It is my prayer that we will make the World Vision Christmas catalog a tradition for years to come.  I will warn you that if you have a 5 year old you will need to explain that the farm animals you are purchasing are going to live with another family and not showing up under your tree...

Luke 6:38
Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap.  For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...