Saturday, February 21, 2015

Lean in

 This week I traveled to Madison Wisconsin for work.  This gave me time to read my bible and sketch on the plane.  I found myself thinking a-lot about the current state of my walk with Christ.  I am in a good place, but I have not stretched my faith in a while.  I have reached a plateau of sorts.  My desire is to grow deeper in my faith.  As the week went on I continued to ponder the question of just how to ignite a new period of growth.  The answer hit me while I was reading my bible one evening after work.  In James 4:8 it says "Come near to the Lord and he will come near to you".  It is very simple really, if I desire to stretch my faith and grow in my relationship with Christ, I simple need to spend more time with Him.   It is only when I spend time with God that He can guide me into the next adventure.    
 
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding; 
 in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...