Friday, May 1, 2015

Cleft of the Rock

I was recently on a business trip in southern Utah and found with the daylight hours extending until 9PM, I had time to explore some of the many state and national parks after work.  During a hike though Snow Canyon I found the unique rock outcropping pictured above.  It reminded me of the story of Moses being hidden in the cleft of the rock as God passed by.   As I peered out through the opening I was in awe of the beauty before me.  It is hard to visit such a place and not pause to marvel at just how creative God is.  His sculptures, design, and colors can not be matched by any artist.  I am simply blow away by his creation.  

Exodus 33:21-23New International Version

21 Then the Lord said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”


 Carved by wind and water
Feeling small and in Awe in Zion


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...