Sunday, March 4, 2018

A welcome distraction


I have found that most of my painting and drawing time has recently been otherwise occupied with a fluffy addition to our family.  Adding a puppy to the mix has reminded me a little of what it was like when our kids were toddlers.  They need lots of attention, constant supervision, and function best when we stick to a schedule.  I have had a-lot of time to reflect on our 4:30 AM walks along the Deschutes river.  Knox has even sparked creativity in me by inspiring me to make dog leashes from retired rock climbing rope.
Most of all adding a new puppy has reminded me that we all start from zero.  We don't understand the world around us, we do not know right from wrong, and we do not know how hard we can chew on our care taker.  We initially have to learn everything through trial and error.  As I reflected on this I found myself being very thankful for a God that has allowed me to learn from my mistakes, who gently corrects me when I forget, and who takes delight in me just being me.

Proverbs 3:12 English Standard Version (ESV)


for the Lord reproves him whom he loves,

    as a father the son in whom he delights.


Psalm 37:23 English Standard Version (ESV)


The steps of a man are established by the Lord,

    when he delights in his way;


Psalm 149:4 English Standard Version (ESV)

For the Lord takes pleasure in his people;

    he adorns the humble with salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...