Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Balance

I often struggle with balance.  I tend to throw myself 110% in whatever I am doing, and often find myself over-extended, exhausted, and ever watching my to do list grow.  In reflection I am typically missing a key starter question.  What direction is God pointing me in?  I am so busy getting things done and fitting stuff in, that I have not stopped to take a few minutes to pray about the direction my Father would have me go.  Ironically injuries have been the one thing to slow me down.  Today I am nursing an injured shoulder, the product of a 5AM mt bike rides before work.   This pause has caused me to reflect on the balance in my life.  I pray that I will rejoice and accept the peace that God has promised.  I pray that my heart would be steered in the direction that God is moving.  I pray that God would allow me to find balance in Him.

Philippians 4:4-7
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. Your post came at a time when I find myself under a bit of stress. Thanks, as always for the reminder of where and how to find balance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie, I am glad that the post was a good reminder. Take care.... Patrick

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...