Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Strength

Samson lived a roller coaster of a life.  In the end he called on the Lord to allow him to use his strength one last time, knowing that his fate would be the same as those who were torturing and abusing him.  He literally brought the house down.  We can learn much from Samson's story, probably the point that sticks out the most is that worldly desires can distract us from our purpose, and zap our ability to use the strengths and gifts that God has provided us.   I pray that I would keep my eyes on the prize and quickly recognize and avoid the temptations that seek to pull me away from God.

 Judges 16:28-30

28 Then Samson called to the Lord and said, “O Lord God, please remember me and please strengthen me only this once, O God, that I may be avenged on the Philistines for my two eyes.” 29 And Samson grasped the two middle pillars on which the house rested, and he leaned his weight against them, his right hand on the one and his left hand on the other. 30 And Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines.” Then he bowed with all his strength, and the house fell upon the lords and upon all the people who were in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...