Thursday, February 7, 2019

Overflow

 A subtle nudge to provide aid, recognition of, and action to help those in need, an inkling to reach out to a friend.  God is quietly whispering, prompting us to move with him and for him.  The question is, are we listening?  It it so easy to become distracted, preoccupied, or simply keep ourselves so busy that we don't hear the quiet whispers of God.  John 4 tells the story of Jesus meeting a woman with a sorted past at a well.  In this story he says, whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again.  The water that I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.   I am reminded when I read this passage, that if I want to serve God and pour out to others, I must first be filled up.  I must first accept the water that only God can provide.   My prayer today is that I would take the opportunity to stop and hear the whispering voice of God.   


John 4:14

14 but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again.  The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...