Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Soar like a 6 year old


I sketched this a few weeks ago and felt lead to create a larger painting. This is my first large piece using water color. When I was about three quarters of the way finished my 6 year old asked if he could help. I love drawing and painting with him as he has no fear. He will jump right in and just start applying color and lines and in this case his contribution helped me to bring out the texture in the sky. I learn a-lot from my kids and that day God impressed on me that he wanted me to soar like a 6 year old. I pray that I can enter each day willing to risk for the kingdom. Rather than planning each moment I pray that I will be willing to jump in and participate in whatever my heavenly Father is doing.

Isaiah 40:25-31
25 "To whom will you compare me? Or who is my equal?" says the Holy One. 26 Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing. 27 Why do you say, O Jacob, and complain, O Israel, "My way is hidden from the LORD; my cause is disregarded by my God"? 28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. 29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. 30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...