Monday, January 24, 2011

Courage


Courage can be manifested in many forms, and true courage is never self serving or manipulative. Typically when I think of courage I ponder impossible situations and odds, heroic events, and super human acts of bravery. You know the front page sort of stuff that captures all of our attention. God has been working on my heart and teaching me that the type of courage he desires from me is much quieter, and not the type that would make a good viral YouTube video. He has been asking me to share what is most precious to me. He wants me to reveal my light, stand firm in my faith, and share with those who I encounter throughout my day. God is asking me to step out of my comfort zone, stand up and simply allow Him to work through me. My prayer today is that I would have the courage to reveal the light that is burning within me, not only when it is safe, but at those time that I am unsure and want to retreat.

Philippians 1:20 (New International Version)
I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...