Thursday, February 24, 2011

looking up

I snapped this photo on my phone while walking along the water front in Seattle over the weekend. I often find myself gazing up at the clouds. Not always the safest thing to do while walking, but I find I am drawn to it like a painting that draws your gaze and causes you to ponder the inspiration of the artist. God's creations are all around us and I never cease to be amazed by just how much he cares about even the smallest things in life. I am truly grateful for the creative ways he chooses to reach out to each of us. My prayer today is that I will never stop seeking his presence as I walk  through this life.

Acts 1:10-12 (NIV)
10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I viewed this earlier but didn't see the bird before... what a beautiful photo! You're right! We need to take the time to see the beauty of God's world around us. Glad that I took a second look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie, I was initially drawn by the sun shining through the clouds. The bird actually flew into the photo as I was snapping the shot. I didn't see it until I was looking at the photo on my PC. I felt as if it was a little gift from God.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...