Thursday, March 8, 2012

Gifts

Posted by Picasa
I spent the week crisscrossing the country and on my various flights I had the opportunity to meet some really interesting individuals.   I came away from the week with the sense that many of us walk around in a very distracted state.  I often miss what is right next to me because I am thinking three steps ahead.  This week I tried to operate in the moment, I attempted to slow down and really listen to what God was saying, and I tried to think of my week as a journey to be stepped through one moment at a time.  God laid it on my heart this week, that we are to focus on him both coming and going, for we never know when he may choose to use us.  It is my prayer today that I would operate more in the moment, allowing  God to guide me and point out where he would have me use the gifts that he has given me.


1 Peter 4:10-11

10 Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms. 11 If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...