Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Oasis

 
Posted by PicasaAn Oasis is an isolated area of vegetation in a desert, typically surrounding a spring or similar water source.  If the water dries up the vegetation dies.  I find that God's Word is an Oasis that never dries up.  When I am in the Word I feel satisfied, spiritually full, capable of giving and receiving.  When I stray from the Word, I find myself feeling empty, tired, dried out.  It is my prayer today that I would recognize and seek refuge in the Oasis that God has provided in his Word.

Psalm 46:1-3

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...