Thursday, June 7, 2012

Standing alone

 

Posted by PicasaLast week I let you in on my process a bit when I posted the beginnings of this painting.  Typically I wait to post until I have finished a piece, but God has been speaking to me specifically regarding those times I feel that I am standing alone.  While painting this I found myself wondering why I dwell in that place.  I feel as if God is prompting me to lean into his presence.  It is as if he is saying I am right here with you, all you need to do is trust.   This painting has taken some interesting twists and it is not yet finished.  It is my prayer today that I would recognize the fact that I am not standing alone, I am standing with the father.

John 8:15-17

You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. But if I do judge, my decisions are right, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me.  In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two men is valid.

3 comments:

  1. This is a good word, & I love the paintings you've done so far in OR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx Teague. Really missing our Wednesday morning bible study. Good to hear from you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll pass that on to the guys. I know you're missed as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...