Sunday, March 17, 2013

Work in Progress


We are all works in progress, thus I thought is would be fitting to post this painting before it is entirely complete.  While painting this I was thinking about God's presence passing over us.  Moses experienced this while hidden in the cleft of a rock.

Exodus 33:18 Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.”
19 And the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 20 But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”
21 Then the Lord said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”

After this experience Moses's face glowed with the glory of God.  It was so bright that it had to be covered with a veil.  We have the opportunity through the Holy spirit living in us to shine with the light of God.  My prayer today is that I would allow God to shine through me and that I would always be willing to be: God's Work in Progress.

Question to ponder.  In what way is God working on you and through you?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...