Monday, November 3, 2014

Family

family (from Latin: familia) is a group of people affiliated by consanguinity (by recognized birth), affinity (by marriage), or co-residence/shared consumption (see Nurture kinship).
Christ had a much broader view of family.  He said in Luke 8 21  “My mother and brothers are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice.”  Christ welcomes all to the family, excluding know-one.   I am very thankful to be counted as part of Christ's family, and rejoice in the strength he provides.  I pray that I would hear God's word, see others through God's eyes, and that I would have compassion to love the unlovable.  

Mark 9:36-38

36 He took a little child whom he placed among them. Taking the child in his arms, he said to them,37 “Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...