Sunday, November 26, 2017

Port Au Prince Haiti


I recently returned from a trip to Port Au Prince Haiti.  My brain is still swimming with the beautiful images of the small island country.  My friends the Reeves family graciously hosted me during my trip.  They are the current directors of Child Hope International, an organization rooted in caring for orphans and reconnecting families.   I spent the week with them and have returned home with a fresh view of Haiti and the amazingly resilient people who call it home.  The above sketch is the first in a series that I hope one day to turn into a larger painting.


Isaiah 26:1-3

A Song of Praise

26 In that day this song will be sung in the land of Judah:
We have a strong city;
    God makes salvation
    its walls and ramparts.

Open the gates
    that the righteous nation may enter,
    the nation that keeps faith.

You will keep in perfect peace
    those whose minds are steadfast,
    because they trust in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...