Sunday, June 24, 2018

Wake up

This morning I read Ephesians 5 and the following verse hit me.

But when anything is exposed by the light,
 it becomes visible, 
for anything that becomes visible is light.  
Therefore it says, 
Awake, O sleeper and arise from the dead 
and Christ will shine on you.

The things of this world have a way of dragging us down.  They can become a prison, and feel as if they strip us of choice and forcing our movements, decisions, and speech.  When the darkness closes in, fear, loneliness and depression become a constant companion.  Ephesians 5 lets us know there is a better way.  We are called to wake up and walk into the light, shaking free from the bonds that bind us.  My prayer today is that I would continue to draw closer to God's light and that he would use me to shine on others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...