Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Palm

Posted by Picasa Reading in Isaiah 49 today I found myself meditating on the promise we have in Jesus.  Isaiah a profit wrote about one that would come to restore the lost, not only Israel, but the Gentiles as well.  There is a specific line that stands out to me in this passage (49:16)  "See I engraved you on the palms of my hands.  The nail holes that would be worn by Jesus represent a permanent engraving as a reminder that he paid the price in full.  Isaiah wrote this scripture some 400 years prior to Jesus being born.  The word pictures found in Isaiah 49 are rich and point directly to the gospels of the new testament.

Isaiah 49:13-16
13 Shout for joy, you heavens;
   rejoice, you earth;
   burst into song, you mountains!
For the LORD comforts his people
   and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.
 14 But Zion said, “The LORD has forsaken me,
   the Lord has forgotten me.”
 15 “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
   and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget,
   I will not forget you!
16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
   your walls are ever before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...