Saturday, July 14, 2012

Intentional walk

 
Posted by Picasa
This morning Spencer and I hit the river at 6am for an early morning paddle through the flat water of the Deschutes about a mile below the rapids in this photo.  It is amazing how quickly a river can change from tumbling white water to a flat placid expanse.  The air was a crisp 54 degrees and the sun was just poking through the trees along the east bank.  We paddled up river for a mile then floated lazily down again.  I am thankful for my friend Spencer and his heart for God.  This morning he reminded me that if we truly want to follow God we must obey him in both calm moments, and those times that seem to tumble out of control.  It is my prayer today that I be intentional in my walk, and in all things choose to obey my Father.

John 15:10


10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love.

2 comments:

  1. Nice metaphor relating the river with our following God, and nice photo also. It sounds like you had a blessed time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Blessings 2 u!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...