Sunday, September 2, 2012

Lead by example

My wife took this photo last week at the beach.  My boys and I were headed for the waves and had no idea she was snapping the picture.  Viewing it later made me stop and think about all of the opportunities I have to speak into my boys lives with actions and not just words.  It is my prayer today that I would be intentional in the actions that I model to my boys, and that as they grow up they will know and understand the direction, purpose, and strength that comes from following Jesus.

Proverbs 22:5-6

In the paths of the wicked lie thorns and snares,
    but he who guards his soul stays far from them.
Train a child in the way he should go,
    and when he is old he will not turn from it.

1 comment:

  1. Carrie & I were just talking about how those small moments we don't think much of can make a monumental impact on our kids. I am praying the Holy Spirit will help me be aware of those opportunities as they arise.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...