Monday, September 17, 2012

strong foundation

A strong foundation is key to keeping your footing during all that this world tosses in your way.  I find that it is ultimately important to remind myself each day where I get my identity.  I am very thankful that God is the rock on which I have built my house.  My wife reminded me of Mathew 7:24-27 this weekend when we were hiking with our boys near Sparks Lake in Central Oregon and spotted a tree growing straight out of a rock.  It is not the easiest place to put down roots, but  once planted in solid rock, this tree will not be moved or shaken. 
 
Mathew 7:24-27
Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.  The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.  The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...