Thursday, October 11, 2012

Father and Son



   It was almost two years ago that I met Orchidy Boyd (Missionary in the Amazon) on a flight from Kansas City to Salt Lake City.  A-lot has happened in that time including a 12 day mission trip to Columbia.  Orchidy spent a week with my family in Oregon in October.  She is truly an inspiration and a blessing and I am very thankful for her ministry to the Yagua tribe along the Amazon river.  The above photo is of my 8 year old son Ben and I sporting our new bracelets sent with Orchidy by Maria who lives in the Yagua village.  The bracelets are a daily reminder to be praying for my friends in the Amazon.  If you are interested in learning more or supporting Orchidy's ministry please visit the following link.  If you would like a hand made yagua bracelet send me an email or leave a comment.   I have several left that we are selling on a donation basis (100% of the donation is tax deductible and goes to the Amazon mission) email .

1 John 5:1-5
Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...