Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Easter

Easter is just around the corner, so I have been spending a-lot of time thinking about the cross. I did a sketch a few weeks ago and felt led to create a bigger piece. This drawing is Charcoal and Oil Pastel and measures 22" x 30". It was really freeing to work at this size. I have read Mathew 27:50-52 a number of times and always wondered what the scene must have looked like. Well, I still can't wrap my brain around it, but I can imagine that it was powerful. I am thankful each day for the sacrifice and blown away by a God that so loves me that he was willing to send his one and only son to die for my sins.

Matthew 27:50-52 And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.
At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split. The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...