Thursday, March 18, 2010

Oasis


Last night I found myself sketching a couple of street musicians. As the drawing evolved it turned into a picture that depicts both hope and despair. I have read a-lot about the various tragedies across the globe and my heart goes out to those who are suffering from the effects of the earth quakes in Haiti and Chile (www.childhope.org). After reading about these events I immediately felt compelled to help with prayer and finances. I believe God is showing me through this drawing that my prayers and finances are needed in my backyard as well. Two local groups that ligitimately help the community are Fish Food Bank and the Union Gospel Mission

My Prayer is that the Lord will grant me a giving heart and eyes that see the needs around me.

Matthew 25:37-40 (New International Version)

"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...