Monday, March 8, 2010

Movement


Our faith will only be visible to others through our movements or actions. While reading James this week I was hit anew by "faith is dead without works". I then read my friend Austin's blog about movement and it all sort of came together. My prayer this week is that God will help me to move in Faith even if it is way outside my comfort zone. For those of you who know me it is my hope that you catch me in one of these acts of Faith.


James 2:14-24 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder. You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend. You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...