Friday, March 12, 2010

Elements


Posted by PicasaI drew this last night while listening to Shawn McDonald's Live in Seattle CD.  It is one of my favorites and very soulful.  This drawing makes me think of all the elements of baptism.  Water, Fire and the Holy Spirit.  They all work together to bring us closer to Christ.  Many of us have experienced baptism by water as a symbol of our Faith, but it is only through Faith that we can receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit.  It is my prayer that my Faith would continue to grow and that I will submit anew to Christ each day.  Only through this submission will I experience the fruits of the Spirit.
 Mathew 3:11-12 I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...