Monday, April 4, 2011

Discipleship

Ever ponder what it really takes to follow Jesus in the way the Disciples did. The below verses paint a picture of total abandon. Jesus poured into them and in turn they poured into others. The cycle continues, but it requires the next generation to step up and say YES. These verses tug on my heart, but it is only through the faith and desire granted by God that I could ever truly follow in such a radical sold out way. I pray that God will continue to work on my heart and grant me the faith to simply say yes. “So they pulled their boats up on shore, left everything and followed him.” Luke 5:11 “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.” Luke 9:62 “Follow me and let the dead bury their own dead.” Mathew 8:22 “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself, take up his cross and follow me.” Matthew 16:24 “Any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.” Luke 14:33 “Sell everything you have and give to the poor and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come follow me.” Luke 18:22

1 comment:

  1. Amen. Saying "Yes" is so simple yet, as you point out, only divinely possible! Love the picture. It is very evocative/provocative.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...