Thursday, April 7, 2011

Finger painting



This is my first digital painting. I created this on an iPad using my finger as the brush. Touch screens really take finger painting to a whole new level. While creating this my thoughts drifted to Jesus. By trade he was a carpenter. When he began his ministry he transitioned from building physical structures to refining and building the kingdom. this made me think about Ephesians 2:19-22

19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

We are the dwelling/house of Christ. His spirit lives in us. Maybe at times our house/life gets a little messy, or needs to be updated/refined. Jesus is a trained carpenter. I can't think of anyone better to fix me up. My prayer today is that I would allow Jesus full access and give him creative license to remodel me into the dwelling he desires

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I so love this one. And, I love the connection between Jesus's earthly trade & Him building us up as the temple. Solomon is a great foreshadowing of the Prince of Peace who builds the temple :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually listening to your cd while I was working on this. Thx again for sharing..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...